Zucchini Cakes

Few things are better when they are cold, and even fewer are worth waiting for to get cold...zucchini cakes fall into that category.
- 2 small zucchini, grated
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp flour
- salt

Salt the grated zucchini. Allow to stand for about 5 minutes. Wrap into a kitchen, or a paper towel (I used a paper towel :-) ), and squeeze out the water. In a mixing bowl, mix one egg with a fork. Add in the drained zucchini and flour. You may need to get creative to achieve the correct consistency. The batter should not be runny, however should also not be too thick.

Fry in 1 tbsp portions on olive oil (medium heat), remove to a paper bag or towel to drain off any excess oil. Serve warm or....wait. wait. wait. and the then eat cold with sour cream.


















I couldn't decide on the egg picture...I love egg pictures...

Comments

FK said…
I LOVE these! Maks mom makes them. I've never tried them cold though.

Popular Posts