Hamentashen

A collegue made me feel mighty guilty for not having E pinch the corners together, but I think she'll still enjoy these little Purim treats.

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla sugar

Cream together sugar and butter. Beat in the egg. Add the rest of the ingredients and knead until dough forms into a ball.

Roll out the pastry to 3/4 cm thick, and use a glass to cut circles. Fill with your favorite tart jam (I used plum). Bring three evenly spaced edges of the circle together and pinch corners to enclose the filling. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 15-17 minutes at 375F. This will make about 16 cookies, depending on the size of your circles.

Comments

Evelina said…
My favorite! Can't wait till my grandma makes it

Popular Posts