Udon Noodles with Pesto

I wasn't going for the complex cultural mix. Frankly, we don't eat a lot of pasta, so I only keep a small variety in the pantry, but when my dad dropped off a bunch of basil I decided to make pesto. There are plenty of uses for that, and pasta was the first thing that came to mind. Thus, to celebrate those of Japo-Italian (?) heritage, here's what I made.

Pesto
  • 1/2 cup of pecans
  • 1/2 bunch, basil
  • 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan reggiano
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • fresh cracked pepper

Blend basil and pecans, as you slowly pour in olive oil. Add cheese. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.

Pasta

Boil wheat udon noddles for 6 minutes and rinse with cold water. Let drain. Mix in pesto (amount to your liking). Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts