Brussel Sprouts and Bacon

After a colleague suggested I could enjoy Brussels sprouts as much as my husband, if I just added some bacon, I laughed and said, "...sure if I drain the Brussels from the bacon". I decided to give her recipe a try tonight to pair with Chilean sea bass. I roasted bacon with savory, and added parboiled Brussels sprouts to caramelize. I have to admit, I am a fan. This side paired with butter roasted Chilean sea bass was enjoyable, light but filling.


Sprouts

1 quart of Brussels sprouts
5 slices of bacon
1 sprig of savory
1 tbsp of olive oil

Roast chopped bacon on medium heat with a whole sprig of savory. In the meantime boil Brussels sprouts in salted water for 6 minutes. Drain well. Add the sprouts to the bacon in the pan, add olive oil and discard the savory. Cook until slightly caramelized.

Chillean Sea Bass


2 Chilean bass steaks, skin on
1 tbsp butter + some olive oil
1/2 cup of white wine
salt
white pepper

Salt and pepper the steaks. Melt butter in the pan and add olive oil. On medium-high heat, position the steaks skin down (with tongs) to caramelize all the way around. Place flesh side down for about 1 minute on each side. Place the steaks on paper towel to drain off the oil. Rinse the oil from the pan. Return to heat and add white wine. Place the steaks back on the pan and cover with a lid for 1 minute. This create enough steam to cook the fish inside, but will depend on the thickness of your steaks.

Comments

Popular Posts