Frenched Rack of Lamb with Wild Rice Pilaf and Roasted Vegetables

I can't believe I made lamb. I can't believe I ate it after I made it. I can't believe I liked it. I did. It was Australian lamb, which may have something to do with it. I usually stay away from the game-iness of it, but the Frenched rack looked so pretty.

I served the chops with towered wild rice pilaf topped with roasted garlic and carrot varietals, such as the regular orange, the pretty purple and the parsnip.


Roasted Vegetables
  • 3 carrots
  • 1 purple carrot
  • 3 parsnips
  • 6 cloves of garlic
  • salt
  • pepper
  • olive oil

Peel and cut carrots and parsnips in have and into wedges. As much as possible make the pieces similar sizes which will assure they cook evenly. Dry them well, this will guarantee caramelization. Salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil. Add cleaned garlic cloves. Mix to coat well and place into the oven at 400F for 30 minutes.

  • Lamb: Trader Joe's meat freezer (25 minutes at 350F)





Comments

Popular Posts