Gnocchi with Langoustine Tails in Beurre Blanc

French food mill and no where to go...I decided to try it out today but as usual without any ideas of what to make until I was actually turning it with potato puree. I decided on gnocchi. Today was also the first time I made beurre blanc, the right way, i.e. no cream. This turned out a great meal and I am barely breathing, but wanted to post before I forget.

Beurre Blanc
Adapted from Foodista, hold the water, minus 2tbsp of butter...

Steamed Langoustine Tails combined with Gnocchi
2 very large russet potatoes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 egg, extra large
salt
white pepper
1/4 cup canola oil

Boil peeled, quartered potatoes, until soft. Run through a fine food mill. Invert the potato onto a board and make a well in the middle. Mix in 1 cup of the flour, salt, pepper and 1 egg. Mix in the egg and start kneading gently until a ball starts forming. As needed add in more flour just to prevent sticking (less flour = lighter gnocchi). Roll into 3/4 inch thick dowels and cut into 3/4 inch pieces. If you prefer, check out google for the different ways of "finishing" gnocchi. These usually help hold the sauce. I however, left them in the pillow shapes I cut them into. Throw gnocchi into salted water with canola oil on rolling boil for 1 minute, or until they float to the top. Remove with a slotted spoon and plate.


Comments

Lisa said…
I had to look up what a langoustine is ;) Now I want some! The gnocci making process explained is appreciated...doesn't look too scary, and I do love gnocci - mmmm!

Popular Posts