Fillet Mignon with Roasted Mushroom Julienne and Pearl Mozzarella Capresse

I wanted something substantial today, a friend mentioned a seafood Alfredo, but I wanted red meat, which I hardly ever eat (though you wouldn't say that from looking at the blog). Husband is always game for a good steak so I knew it would be a satisfying dinner for both.

Fillet was washed and dried. Roasted in butter on ss pan 1 minute on each side and 7 minutes at 375 for a medium-rare steak. I julienned Spanish onions and roasted on olive oil until dark golden. I roasted the thinly sliced mushrooms separately and then combined with the onions and a bit of salt. The salad was an easy mix of sunflower sprouts, kumato tomatoes (it's rare a tomato has its own website, I couldn't resist the link) and pearl mozzarella.

Comments

Popular Posts