Pink Lentil Puree or Spread

Those of you that have read my blog know that I have an addiction to impulse purchases at grocery stores. This problem tends to steer me towards the unknown, taunting the size of my pantry and refrigerator. A recent trip to the neighborhood Indian grocer is taking up 2 cubic feet of cabinet space I need to do something with, thus I give you pink lentil spread (if you like hummus this will soon be a favorite).

2 c pink lentils
1/4 c sesame seeds (white)
1/4 c sunflower oil
2 tsp cumin
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp rooster sauce
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika 
Dash of cinnamon

Boil lentils in 4 cups of water on medium heat until water has mostly evaporated. Remove from heat. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Blend in 1/2-1 cup of water to create a purée or an additional 1/2 cup of oil for a spread. It can also be left as is however when blended lentils cool, they harden so if left as is it should be eaten while still warm.


Comments

Popular Posts